Sunday, September 26, 2010

OPI gel maincure

I know this may seem kind of a silly thing to blog about.  But here is the thing...I have terrible nails.  They are always breaking and short and fragile.  Then I start to pick at them or bite them.  I don't bit them so low that they look terrible, but they don't look pretty.  I really want to have a finished look, as my mom would say, in my new job.  I also had a wedding to attend a few weeks back so I looked into this gel manicure.  For those that care, it is a manicure developed by OPI during which you put your nails under the UV lights between coats.  It gave my nails a pretty solid base for almost 2 weeks.  I know someone who has hers for over 3 weeks, but mine was done by 2.  Part of that was because I have my hands in water and cleanser so much.  I mean, seriously, I am always cleaning something or washing my hands.  My nails are growing so prettily and the polish does not chip!

The drawback, of course, is the price.  I don't know how long I will keep this up, but it is worth the $35 price tag for now.  Pictures to follow!
OPI Gel manicure #2, week 2
My nails are growing!

No comments: