- I am stronger than I thought I was.
- I will fight for my family when needed.
- I have an amazing network of colleagues who are talented, funny and supportive.
- I don't always know what is going on behind the scenes when I am speaking to a teacher. I need to find out before making judgements.
- If I listen, they will talk. In one week 3 different women shared very personal stories with me.
- I am a good mother.
- I like working.
- They are not exclusive of each other. You CAN be a good working mother.
Finally, I learned that I cannot blog as often as I like! The past 6 weeks I have not written one blog post. I started writing a post about sleep. Was that a hint? I think so. Maybe I will finish that one, because it is a perpetual theme in my life. I don't get enough sleep. I want more. I need more.
I am working at an amazing summer day camp starting next Monday. I spent the past weekend (Thursday-Sunday) at orientation and training. It was a blast! I was invigorated by the high-energy of the owners/directors and other camp staff. I am thrilled that Lilly gets to have this experience because I am working there. The program I am running is called Passport because it is in essence "cooking around the world." I may just be updating my other blog Girls Can Grill with some of the recipes. Of course I won't be grilling anything really, so there may need to be a name change.
I plan on returning to the world of blogging here on the Mommy Chronicles, as well. I miss writing!