Tuesday, June 19, 2012

lessons learned

ahhh....The first day of summer break.  Yesterday was the last day of the 2011-2012 school year.  This past year I have learned so much about myself as a coach, a mother, a wife, a peson.

  • I am stronger than I thought I was.
  • I will fight for my family when needed.
  • I have an amazing network of colleagues who are talented, funny and supportive.
  • I don't always know what is going on behind the scenes when I am speaking to a teacher.  I need to find out before making judgements.
  • If I listen, they will talk.  In one week 3 different women shared very personal stories with me.  
  • I am a good mother.
  • I like working.
  • They are not exclusive of each other.  You CAN be a good working mother.  
Finally, I learned that I cannot blog as often as I like!  The past 6 weeks I have not written one blog post.  I started writing a post about sleep.  Was that a hint?  I think so.  Maybe I will finish that one, because it is a perpetual theme in my life.  I don't get enough sleep.  I want more.  I need more.  

I am working at an amazing summer day camp starting next Monday.  I spent the past weekend (Thursday-Sunday) at orientation and training.  It was a blast!  I was invigorated by the high-energy of the owners/directors and other camp staff.  I am thrilled that Lilly gets to have this experience because I am working there.  The program I am running is called Passport because it is in essence  "cooking around the world."  I may just be updating my other blog Girls Can Grill with some of the recipes.  Of course I won't be grilling anything really, so there may need to be a name change.  

I plan on returning to the world of blogging here on the Mommy Chronicles, as well.  I miss writing!

Happy Summer!!  

No comments: