Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

This year I have so much for which to be thankful.  Since last Thanksgiving so much has happened and a lot of it had me in a doubtful state.  It was a hard, hard year.  Someone once told me that hard was not bad, it was just hard.  I disagree.  Sometimes hard is bad.  The good may come of the bad, but the bad is still bad.  I knew I would come through it, but I was not sure where I would land.

In the past several weeks I have been really trying to welcome and be open for the blessings that were coming into my life.  It can be really hard to accept blessings and good things when life has been so challenging.  I was questioning, thinking I did not deserve these wonderful things to happen to me and mine.  But, of course I am deserving of blessings and good things.

Here are some things for which I am thankful, in no particular order.

#1. Lilly's seizure testing last December did not show epilepsy.  While we know that it does not mean it will not develop, I can breath a little deeper knowing my baby is okay.

#2. Vinnie's new job. Hallelujah!  After nearly two and half years without being able to find a job, countless interviews, and probably thousands of sent resumes, Vin has a job.  We are all so grateful.

#3.  My family and friends who have held me up and together over the past year.  There were more than a few moments when I had to lean on others.  Sometimes it was emotional support and sometimes it was a ride to and from work.  It was humbling for me, but in a good way.  I learned that being strong sometimes means asking for and accepting help.

#4.  Nanny is at peace.  Of course I do not mean that I am glad that Nanny is no longer with me here on this earth.  I miss her terribly.  But I know that she was in pain in her last several weeks/months/etc before her death.

#5.  My therapist.  Yeah, I said it.  I have a therapist.  I love her.  I know so many people who have had to try out a few before they found someone with whom they had a good connection.  I was lucky to find her on the first try.  She continues to help me handle my grief, my challenges, and my blessings.

#6.  My furbabies.  This year we gained one furbaby and I recently lost one of my boys.  Losing him has been so, so hard.  But I would not give up the past 12.5 years for anything.

#7.  My summer job at Camp Riverbend.  I loved working there this summer. I love the family who owns and runs it.  I loved watching Lilly thrive and grow over those 7 weeks.

#8.  My mom.  My mom very recently, as in my first day of school, had open heart surgery.  I know it is the hardest thing she has done and she is still recuperating from it.  It was lifesaving for her and without it she may not be here today.

Well, I think that about does it for now.  If I keep writing I will keep thinking of more things for which I am thankful.

Oh, and don't forget to check out my cooking blog for some yummy Thanksgiving recipes!

No comments: