Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Crap


Apparently I say "crap" a lot.  I know I have said, "What's all this crap all over the floor?"   I'm not proud of it.  It's a terribly crude way to express myself.  This was made glaringly clear to me on Sunday evening when I was getting Lilly ready for bed.

me: Lilly, what happened to your room?  It's a mess!  You have stuff everywhere.
Lilly: I don't know mom.
me:  Okay, work on it tomorrow with Daddy.
Lilly: But it's too much.
me: I know, start with putting your clothes away.  Tomorrow I want you to fold your clothes and put them in your drawers.
Lilly: Okay mommy.  And I know, I know, pick up all this crap off the floor.
me:  audible GULP and nearly pass out
me:  You know Lil, I say that word a lot...
Lilly: You mean crap?
me: Yes, I say that word a lot, but it is actually not a nice word to say like that.  I am going to work really hard on not saying that.  
Lilly: Okay Momma

What is it about our children that makes our short comings jump out at us? I'll add it to my list of things I need to work on...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OK, so I get calle don the carpet by my daughter for this as well. So I spelled it once. Yes, she's 11 and can spell - but I did it anyway. Except I didn't. I mispelled it. I spelled C-A-R-P.
As you can imagine, there was plenty of laughter and, well, I now say get yer' carp off the floor!

Unknown said...

That is so funny Joy! I know I am not alone, and I know crap isn't the worst word. It was pretty funny coming out of her mouth so matter-of-factly.