Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Fun

Lilly has her sweater on.


As long as I can remember, my family has celebrated St. Patrick's Day.  When I was younger the parade went by our street and we would have friends and some family over to watch the parade together.  As I got older, I would sometimes go into NYC to the parade there or to the local Irish pub in town.  

This year, we went to our county's parade, where my daughter danced and marched with her Irish Step Dancing school.  It was so exciting!  Lilly was thrilled to show off her dancing skills to all our family who came out to see her.  I thought that she would be too tired to walk the whole parade, but she not only walked nearly the whole parade, she skipped the entire time.  

Lilly is in the front, 3rd from the right.  

Lilly is in a long gray sweatshirt, with her ponytail flying out behind her.



The next thing we did this weekend was to bake Soda Bread.  Usually I make it and Lilly just enjoys it with me.  This year I had her help me.  She loved helping me measure, pour, and mix.  I am pretty sure it made the bread taste all the sweeter, too!


Stirring the dry ingredients.

So tasty!
I  am really enjoying creating new memories with my little family!





No comments: