Friday, July 10, 2009

What I do to save money...

Here are a few things I have been doing to save money.

1. I highlighted my own hair. It is the first time I have touched my own hair with color in, um, maybe 10 years. It was just as difficult as I remembered but the results were much better than the spotted leopard look I had my last attempt. This time came out pretty good. There are some spots that are a little brassy from not leaving it on long enough. But better some brassy spots than bald spots!

2. Coupons, coupons, coupons. I have pretty much become obsessed with coupons. I am not as crazy as some other people I know, but I do a decent job.

3. Cooking at home as much as possible. This is self-explanatory but still note-worthy.

4. Cut out stuff. Some things we have cut out... HBO package, Netflix (we use redbox or the library instead), buying books and magazine, hair cuts (let it grow), salon shampoo (hello Pantene!)

5. BJ's Buying in bulk is not always cheaper, but if you know your prices, you can make it work. BJ's takes manufacturer coupons which Costco does not. I got a great deal on Pampers last week. I think one of the keys to smart bulk buying is to not buy what you do not normally buy. The big bag of Swedish fish is tempting, but I do not need it!

What are your money saving tips?

No comments: