Friday, December 9, 2011

And we're home!

One of my favorite pictures of our time there.
She was cheery even after 44 hours of monitoring.

It feels so good to be back in our home! Lilly is so happy to be in her own bed with no wires attached to her tonight.  I bet she will sleep well tonight.  I hope she does so that I do too!

Today was actually more difficult than I had anticipated, and maybe that is just as well.  I had planned on trying to comb out the glue at home, but because Lilly was having the MRI they wanted as much out as possible beforehand.  I caught Vinnie right before he left the house so he was able to bring me conditioner.  I used 2 1/2 bottles and I did not even get it all out.  I just hope that Lilly never gets lice because I would imagine combing all that glue out would be kind of like combing nits out.  But I digressed.

Then we had to take her down for the sedated MRI.  She was enjoying the ride down in the special crib.  :)  This time I didn't have to hold her down, they just took her from us into the MRI room.  In less time then they had allowed, she was finished.  She was hysterically crying and trying to rip her IV out in recovery so they let us go up to her room.  She was the last patient so we had 2 nurses to ourselves!  All the nurses we had were great.  Lilly managed to charm each and every one.
Keeping busy while we waited for the conditioner.  


Eventually we got her to eat some crackers and drink some water and from there she ate lunch and we were able to leave.  She seemed to perk right up once we were on our way home and really perked up once got home.  She was still a bit wobbly for most of the day so I put some movies on, made popcorn and hot chocolate and we relaxed.

Thank you to all those who have sent me messages, texts, written comments and called.  It means so much to all of us to know that all these prayers and positive thoughts are out there in the universe for our Lilly Bernadette.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back home> I am sure those were 2 of the toughest days. I hope you get your answers quickly and they are all good news. I know how bad it is to see your child go through anything like that.