Thank you all for your prayers and positive thoughts as we awaited the results of all of Lilly's tests. It has been a challenge to even get an appointment with the doctor. As it is, I had to reschedule a court date, so I will need to take a day from work anyway. grr....but I digress.
Without further ado, the tests only showed one "unusual activity" period of 2 seconds in the whole 48 hours. This could be nothing or it could be the beginning of a seizure disorder. If she is going to have another seizure without a fever it will in all probability be in the next 6 months. So we wait and see. We have a new prescription for diazepam to be administered if she has a seizure longer than 5 minutes. She will have it with her at all times.
I think that this was probably the best of all answers. There were not many episodes that would indicate that she has epilepsy. I definitely feel that it was worth my time and effort and her discomfort in having the testing done. I trust the doctor implicitly, which I cannot say about the last neurologist. I know from talking to him and to the other mom I met that he is aggressive in both testing and treatment. So if he does not think that Lilly needs medication right now, I am confident in that decision.
Thank you again for all your kind thoughts and notes. It has been a challenging time for my family as my Nanny is in her final stages of her life. I am praying for a peaceful passage for her into the next life.