Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Nanny is at peace

As many of you now know, my Nanny passed away on December 31, 2011.  I believe she is at peace now, but I am still very saddened by her passing.  I know I am incredibly lucky to have had Nanny in my life as long, and to the extent, that I did.  Lilly is also so lucky to have had her in her life for 3 1/2 years.  I have a few poignant stories to share but I don't have the emotional energy to do so right now.

The wake and funeral are not for several days, so I am trying to compartmentalize my feelings right now because I cannot take the time from work until Monday.  It is actually more difficult than I had anticipated to go to work, especially since I am not sleeping so well at night.  But, I will get through it, in no small part to my supportive work friends.

As I re-read this I realized this might send limiting.  I don't intend it to be.  Work just has it's own particular challenges while I am actively grieving.  My friends have been so supportive over the past few days, and will continue to be through the hardest parts and beyond.  Some of my closest friends also called her Nanny, and thought of her in that way.  The lovely part of that is that Nanny considered them (my friends) to be her own, too.  She loved being called Nanny and told all of our friends to call her that.  "I'm everybody's Nanny.  Anyone who needs or wants a Nanny.  That's me."

Please keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers.
xoxo always Nanny!

This is how I will remember Nanny most...vibrant, loving and laughing.
Nanny & Lilly

No comments: