Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I will never forget.

I wrote this last year, on the 10th anniversary of 9/11. Today, I did not watch tv, did not listen to the reading of the names.  I went to work.  I wish that I was able to take the time to reflect like I have been able to in years past.  I think it is time for 9/11 to be a day off so that we have that time for reflection.  I remember only a few years ago that I was still crying non-stop on this terrible anniversary.

I was feeling disappointed in myself for not making the time to go see the towers of light or visit a memorial.  I was thinking this as I sat waiting in Lilly's dance class.  I realized in that moment, watching Lilly "learn her 3s" that I was honoring those who are no longer here to do this with their little ones, or who maybe were never able to be a parent because they were taken too soon.   In the days following 9/11, I attended several benefits sponsored by Irish American Societies, e.g. The Emerald Society.  I saw lots of Irish step dancing, heard many bagpipes.  It seemed fitting that Lilly started Irish step dance class today.

So today I worked; I brought Lilly to her 1st Irish step dance class.  I hugged my family.  Please hug yours.

No comments: