Saturday, September 29, 2012

Heading in the right direction...DOWN!

It has been more than a month since my last update on my weight loss journey.  I am still using the Lose It app and website, so that is where my updates occur more frequently.

Since mid-June:
I lost 22.8 pounds.
BMI went down 2.9 points which means I went down a class of obesity.

In my last post about this (see last update, above) I spoke about the stages of obesity.  Sadly, the previous link I had used to show this is no longer working.  Even sadder?  The CDC website has no information about the stages of obesity.  I am glad that I have been demoted, so to speak, to a lower stage.  I still have a long way to go.  My weight loss in September has been slower than I would have liked.  Considering I have gained in September, historically speaking, I am grateful for the losses I have seen.  I lost 3.4 pounds this month.  I could have gained; I could have stayed the same.  I lost!  Even with a plantar fasciitis/heel spur flare-up.  (ouch)  Oh, and I have had some very serious life events happening that also would have sent me to the bakery/fridge/you-name-it in the past.

I am changing my eating patterns.  I am changing how I view food.  I am changing my emotional response patterns.  I am showing myself respect and love by doing so.  See?  It all ties together!

2 comments:

VanBeads said...

You go, Mel! That's fantastic news! 3.4 pounds in a month is nothing to sneeze at - you're doing great! It's such a struggle, this whole trying to lose weight thing. I had to really take a drastic approach when I got sick last year, but thankfully, it seems to have worked out for the best for all of us. Keep it up, and if you need a cheerleader, I'm right here!

Unknown said...

Thanks Jen! I came here to re-read what I wrote because I really want to go downstairs and have a snack! Going to sleep instead.