Thursday, October 9, 2008

overwhelmed and NOT loving it

Tonight was one of those nights that I was warned about from all my friends who were moms before me.  It was not pretty.  

Okay, I will add a little more info.  Sleep deprived mommies and cranky daddies do not mesh.  It happens more than I like to admit to myself.  I know I am a full time nursing mom.  My daughter has only learned to take a bottle from my mom, so far.  She will not take it from my husband.  This makes things difficult.  She is very attached to me right now.  But that doesn't mean I have to be the only one to hold her, comfort her, whatever.  I feel like I am being punished for doing this amazing, wondrous thing.  

I know that this too will pass.  I got through the first few weeks after a c-section and breast feeding issues, right?  Okay, maybe things will look brighter in the morning.  Or after I get some sleep.  I just keep replaying conversations with my girlfriends in my mind.  Ones in which they told me that they thought their marriages would not survive the baby's 1st birthday.  Because they all did.  Some are even on baby #2!

Okay, I am going to try to force my gritty eyes to close and stay that way.  At least until the next feeding an hour from now!

No comments: