Thursday, July 22, 2010

S'mores Smiles :0)




I have always been a s'mores lover.  A perfect s'more has all the perfect elements: toasted, gooey marshmallow, slightly melting chocolate and the crunchy graham cracker.  I am not sure I remember when I first had a s'more, but I am sure it was one on one of the many camping trips I took with my family as a child.  I was a Girl Scout and s'mores are a Girl Scout Camp tradition.  As my brothers and I got to be a little older we would all go camping together.  Some of my best memories of those trips are from when we were sitting around the campfire at night, singing along with Jeremiah playing the harmonica, drinking a few cold ones and eating s'mores.  It really did not get much better than that, in those days.  


These days my s'mores making is a little different.  My husband has never camped (though he said he will give it a try!) and I am not anxious to try bringing my husband for the first time with a 2 year-old.  A couple weeks ago I was in the mood to go camping, and what says "camping" to me more than anything? S'mores!  So we made them over our grill and they really did make me smile.  It was definitely not the same experience, but the taste brought me right back to those wonderful times sitting around a campfire with friends and/or family.  


So why write about S'more now?  Because I am writing this for a contest to win a S'mores prize pack as a member of the Mom Bloggers Club.  (So I guess my answer would be E. Just because) So check out Kraft to see how you can win some prizes.  What is your favorite s'more memory or way to enjoy s'mores?


edited to add: I was a winner so I will be receiving my S'mores smiles gift pack...yummy!







2 comments:

Amy said...

Hi, Melanie! I'm Amy from MBC. I'm like you, we're pretty limited to the grill now that we have little ones. Still completely amazing, though! Love the blog!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Amy!