Wednesday, November 17, 2010

an open letter to my toe

Dear baby toe,
I apologize for every time I hated on you.  I have called you names, made fun of your looks, callously (no pun in tended) ignored you when painting my other toes and squeezed you into super-cute but totally uncomfortable shoes for the sake of foot vanity.

Now that you are the color of a dark plum and roughly the size of one, I appreciate all the support you have given me over the years.  I never realized how your presence helps to balance me.  I promise to treat you better in the future if you will only cooperate and respond to the ibuprofen, elevation, ice and wrapping you are getting now.
Thank you in advance,
Melanie

4 comments:

Jules said...

That's broken...right? I've done that. Not fun.

Unknown said...

Oh yes, quite broken. I definitely walked on it too much this week and now it hurts again. :(

Aleksandra Nearing said...

Ouch! That looks awfully painful. Hopefully it heals quickly!

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting! It is slowly getting better. I think I am just too impatient!!