Tuesday, March 23, 2010

week 2

So week 1 was tough. I was pretty hungry a lot of the time. But what that made me realize was how much I was eating before. The truth is that I used to know how to eat well and how much of something to eat. The truth is that I have not been eating that way for a long time. I could come up with reasons why that happened but that would just be excusing myself. So I need to be hungry for a little bit. It is not the end of the world. The question is what am I going to do when I am hungry? More on that at another time.

So I go to weigh myself Sunday morning and the scale does its zeroing out thing, and then....lo. I need a new battery. Are you serious? I had weighed myself Saturday morning, just to see, so I had an idea. If I go by that weight, which I guess I need to, I lost 2.2 lbs. So not crazy weight but enough to keep me going.

Of course tonight I had a calzone for dinner. What was I thinking? I was not feeling well, belly-wise since yesterday and did not eat much last night or today and when I thought of what I wanted, a calzone was it. So I ate it. It was delicious but sat in my belly like a lead balloon. I am really trying to look at all this as a learning experience. I think it is even a milestone to have the thought of. "I don't want to feel like this." That means that I am not overeating the majority of my meals.

I also learned today that when I have had a bad night, like last night, I am more likely to eat whatever and make poor decisions. Granted, I was queasy still, but I did not eat for a long time today. Then when I did eat I was really hungry.

So tomorrow I start fresh. On a positive note, I bought new shoes and they fit! Anyone who really knows me knows how impossible it is for me to buy cute shoes that fit well. Pictures to come later!
Post a Comment