Monday, March 8, 2010

I am a bad blogger!

I had thought that with all my new-found time not spent in grad school I would be able to blog regularly, among other things. Like re-organize my entire house, magically be a super neat person (as opposed to my clutter-bug self) and work-out like a fiend. Needless to say, none of that stuff has gotten done. So here is the run down...

I was working out on a pretty regular basis and was doing well until 2 weeks ago. Between snow storms and a few other crazy things going on in this thing called life, I have fallen off the bandwagon. It does not help that I was eating better (though not great) and exercising 3-4 times a week for over an hour each time and I GAINED weight. One week I thought I was losing but I didn't. I felt like my body was starting to change but the scale was not budging and my clothes did not get looser. I finally have a doctor who I feel is listening to my concerns. One of the 1st things she said was that I need to see an endocrinologist based on my symptoms. Even if it turns out that my hormones are all A-OK then at least I will feel that I was listened to and taken seriously.

Vinnie is doing great in school and I am so proud of him. It is so hard to go to school at night after working all day. And then on those nights he is missing time with Lilly (and me) and on the other nights he is doing homework while I try to go to the gym.

My job is basically on the line due to the new governor's lack of support for early childhood education. I am hoping that I will be able to stay where I am or move into another position within the department. I had been given the impression in December that it was a strong possibility. Now, not so much. So I am just doing the best job I can and updating my resume just in case.

We had a crazy moment with Lilly 2 weeks ago. To make a long story short, Lilly choked on a tiny piece of tater tot and I had to do the Heimlich maneuver on her. It was intensely scary and I am so grateful that I have been trained. It made me want to tell every parent and caregiver to make sure they know how to do CPR and the Heimlich.

Okay, I think that is all the news for now.

Cheers!

No comments: