Sunday, April 11, 2010

Going green in small ways

I really love the idea of supporting our environment and making little changes to reduce our carbon footprint.  I know I am not the greatest....I buy bottled water all the time, for instance.  Last week I was doing a big shopping order stocking up on things like aluminum foil and storage bags.  I generally use the reusable plastic containers for lunches and leftovers.  However, there are times when plastic storage bags are needed.  I had some great Ziploc coupons and they were on sale, so that was what I was purchasing.  I was happy, and surprised, to see that the Ziplock Evolve bags were the same price as the regular ones.  They use less plastic, so they are lighter but they are good for everyday use.  The cartons are made from recycled cardboard and they are manufactured with 50% renewable energy sources.

I know it is not a big thing, but it is one little step I am making to reducing my carbon footprint.  What small or big steps are you taking?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

An update: I wrote to Ziploc to tell them I was happy with their product and they are sending me a coupon book worth over $19.00! Woo Hoo!

Anonymous said...

I'm probably the worst green person around. We have a recycling bin which I use but I always forget to reuse my plastic bags.

CJ xx