Tuesday, April 27, 2010

updating my resume

As fellow New Jerseyans know, the state of affairs in education is a hot mess.  That being said, I believe that I will not be offered a position for the 2010-2011 school year.  The person I am replacing is coming back, as far as anyone knows.  The position that my supervisor had hoped I would be able to fill in September due to a retirement is not going to be posted (meaning they are not replacing the retiree.)

Yesterday one of my former colleagues from Hoboken let me know that they are hiring there.  I had my hubby look online and the postings had closed as of 4/16.  He suggested I email the director and let her know I was interested and that I would email my resume later.

I did so and updated my resume last night.  I emailed an awesome cover letter ( in my opinion) and my resume late last night.  I am cautiously optimistic about the opportunities there.  They are hiring for 3 positions, 2 of which I am definitely qualified and 1 is a maybe.  I have the great advantage of having worked in the district for a preschool provider previously, left to finish grad school and be home with the baby a bit and then gained experience in another, much larger district.  But, I love Hoboken.  It was a great place to work and I would love to work there again.  The commute sucks.  But I am much more organized in the mornings now, by necessity, so leaving early might not be as hard as it was before.

I know I am getting ahead of myself here, but I am excited about the possibility.  It gives me hope, and I really needed that about now.

No comments: