Thursday, September 22, 2011

snoring sucks

I snore.  I am loathe to admit it but I do.  It is a fairly recent phenomena and it seems to be only during allergy season.  Unfortunately for my husband, that lasts pretty much all winter for me.

I have lived with a snorer before.  I wanted to smother him with his pillow because I was so tired all the time.  (just kidding!)  He refused to believe that he snored.  Of course his disbelief in any kind of personal flaws should have been a clue about him in general, but I digress.  My point is that I was on the other side of this bed.  I was the one ready to scream every single night, who slept with music on (pre ipod even!) and who tried to fall asleep before he did in hopes that I would stay asleep.  I feel pretty terrible that I am putting my husband through this.  But I am sure he feels worse.

I am hoping that losing weight will help the issue, but that (losing weight) has not happened yet.  I try to sleep on my side, but Vinnie says that when he looks over I am on my back or on my side and not at all on the pillow.  I am thinking of trying one of those anti-snore pillows because I think as long as I can force myself to sleep on my side, and follow some other basic snore remedies I should be okay. But I have to stay on the pillow.  And apparently there is a learning curve in using it.  I am a little concerned about a pillow that I have to learn how to use.  I will give it a shot.  It got decent amazon reviews.

Maybe I just need to get enough sleep for the snoring to stop...

Do you snore?  Does your partner?  How do you both survive???

1 comment:

Karen ziemke said...

Mel, you should have a sleep study. Just to check if you're having any apnea.