Thursday, August 25, 2011

losing weight is hard to do

This is from my private journal that I am keeping to keep track of my "get healthy" initiative.  For many reasons I keep it private, but sometimes there are things that I want to share.  So here is the post I wrote yesterday about my frustration in not losing weight. 

day 30
grr...I am so diappointed because when I weighed in I had gained the meager .6 lbs that I lost last week.  I feel like I am exercising like crazy AND my eating has gotten a lot better.  I know that I have not completely changed every eating habit to a healthy one, but my diet is much healthier and I am more aware of what I am putting into my mouth in the past month.  And still, in one month I have only lost about 3 pounds.  I was hoping it was going to be closer to 10!  I am trying to remind myself that I am getting  stronger and my heart is most definitely getting stronger as I exercise almost daily and eat healthier foods. 

I just have to keep on keeping on I guess...
 

2 comments:

Vinnie Cappiello said...

I think you are doing a great job. You have been working out every day, and really sticking to your plan. I am very proud of you. I am sure this is all just part of losing the weight. I am willing to bet the next time you weigh in, the scale will be in your favor. I think your body has to get used to you eating well and working out before it really gets going. You are just warming up so to say.

GinaC84 said...

We can't lose weight EVERY week, even when we do the right thing. It sucks.

Vinnie is absolutely right. It's just an annoying part about the whole weight loss process. Don't let it bring you down and don't give up!

And chances are that those .6 lbs will be gone (along with some others) by next weigh in. :)

xoxos,
-Gina